On February 2nd 2011, the CTA organized a Brussels Briefing on the “Geopolitics of Food” in cooperation with DG DEVCO of the European Commission, Concord and other partners. 159 policy-makers from the European Commission, the Council and EU and ACP embassies followed the discussions live in the European Commission, with another 80 followers of the internet webstream.
New! on the subject of the “Geopolitics of Food”
a list of useful websites.
Panel 1: New challenges in the global food sytem and ACP agricultures
– Hans Herren, President of the Millenium Institute, co-chair, IAASTD [Video|Video Interview|Presentation]
– Sylvie Brunel, Professor of Sustainable Development, Paris IV, Sorbonne [Video|Video Interview]
– Jethro Greene, Chief Coordinator, Caribbean Farmers Network (CaFAN) [Video|Video Interview|Presentation]
Panel 2: What policy options and future governance to secure food for all?
– Olivier de Schutter, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food [Video|Video Interview]
– Hafez Ghanem, Assistant Director-General, Economic and Social Development Department, FAO [Video|Video Interview]
– Ousmane Djibo, Agribusiness advisor, NEPAD [Video|Presentation]
– Doaa Abdel Motaal, Counsellor, Agricultural and Environmental issues, Office of the DG, WTO [Video|Video Interview]