The CTA organised a special High-Level Panel on ‘Enhancing resilience for food and nutrition security in small-island economies’ on 15 May 2014, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This event took place in the context of the IFPRI 2020 Vision Initiative international conference on “Building Resilience for Food and Nutrition Security” (May 15-17, 2014, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia).
The High-Level Panel brought together experts from Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and African, Caribbean and Pacific countries, and its outcomes will feed into the Third International Conference on Small Island Developing States (Samoa, September 2014) on food and nutrition opportunities for island developing states. Areas that were discussed included: (i) the policies and strategies to boost production and trade of nutritious and healthy food; (ii) sharing best practices in linking agriculture, health and tourism to create employment, reduce food imports and add value to local and regional trade; (iii) the enhancement of smart public-private partnerships in agribusiness.
- 27th CTA Brussels Development Briefing on Small Island Economies (4th April, 2012):
– Policy Brief
- 4thCTA Regional Development Briefing on Small Island Economies (23-24 April 2012, Mauritius)
- 9th CTA Regional Development Briefing on Pacific resilience to climate change (31st October to 2nd November 2012, Vanuatu)
- United Nations Office of the High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States
– State of the Least Developed Countries (2013)
– Small Island Developing States – Small Islands Big(ger) Stakes (2013)
- Capacity4Dev Building Resilience of Small Island Economies
– Pictures (coming soon)