How climate changes agriculture in rural ACP countries?
Voices from the field
In the context of the European Development Days 2007, DG Development of the European Commission, CTA, UNITAR, Euforic, and IIED organised on 7 November a parallel event on the challenges of climate change for development with particular reference to the ACP countries.
Hansjörg Neun, CTA
Session 1: The challenges of climate change for agricultural policy and some adaptation strategies
Introduction by chair, Walter Keenes, DG Development, European Commission
– Bernard Petit, DG Development, European Commission
– Katherine Sierra, World Bank
– Annie Bonnin Roncerel, UNITAR, Climate Change Programme
– Ibidun Adelekan, University of Ibadan, Nigeria [executive summary]
– Boucabar Sidiki Dembele, Mali
– Ethel Kaimila, Malawi Red Cross Society, Malawi [executive summary]
Session 2: Increasing knowledge and sharing best practices
Introduction by chair, Thomas Lawo, EADI