– Fighting against IUU Fishing: Successes from ACP countries ( No. 38 | 27 October 2014)
This Briefing focuses on the successful cooperation, engagement and initiatives undertaken by a number of ACP countries with key partners, notably the European Commission, in order to combat IUU and regain market access for their fisheries products into the EU market.
– Fish-farming: The new driver of the blue economy ( No. 32 | 3 July 2013)
This Briefing focuses on successes and shared lessons from the field of fish-farming, by emphasizing its role for the growth of the blue-economies of the ACP countries.
– Fighting against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated fishing (IUU): Impacts and challenges for ACP countries ( No. 10 | 29 April 2009)
This Briefing reviews the main economic, social and environmental challenges that IUU poses at global and regional levels, especially in the ACP context, and the existing global and regional initiatives against IUU.
Highlighted Resources and News
Studies on the Potential of Aquaculture in ACP Countries
– Study on the Potential of Aquaculture in ACP Countries (2014) Stirling University / CTA
– Study on the Potential of Aquaculture in Africa (2015) Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR)-Bunda / CTA
– Study on the Potential of Aquaculture in the Caribbean (2014) CRFM / CTA
– Study on the Potential of Aquaculture in the Pacific (2014) SPC / CTA