On February 2nd, 2011, the CTA organized a Brussels Briefing on Geopolitics of Food in cooperation with DG DEVCO of the European Commission, Concord and other partners. 159 policy-makers from the European Commission, the Council and EU and ACP embassies followed the discussions live in the European Commission, with another 80 followers of the internet webstream.
- Policy Brief: from food crisis to food security
- List of participants
- Biographic information about the speakers
- a list of useful websites.
On this page, you can find the video documentation of all the speeches that were given at the conference. Simply click on their names to display the video. You can also watch the video interviews that we conducted with the different speakers, and download their PowerPoint Presentations.
- Isolina Boto, Head of CTA Brussels Office [PowerPoint]
- Michael Hailu, Director of CTA
- Mohamed Ibn Chambas, ACP Group of States
Panel 1 – New challenges in the global food sytem and ACP agricultures
- Jean-Pierre Boris, RFI, Moderator [Video interview]
- Hans Herren, President of the Millenium Institute, co-chair, IAASTD [Video interview][PowerPoint]
- Sylvie Brunel, Professor of Sustainable Development, Paris IV, Sorbonne [Video interview]
- Jethro Greene, Chief Coordinator, Caribbean Farmers Network (CaFAN) [Video interview][Presentation, PDF]
- Debate in the first panel
Panel 2 – What policy options and future governance to secure food for all?
- Olivier de Schutter, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food [Video interview]
- Hafez Ghanem, Assistant Director-General, Economic and Social Development Department, FAO [Video interview]
- Ousmane Djibo, Agribusiness advisor, NEPAD [PowerPoint]
- Doaa Abdel Motaal, Counsellor, Agricultural and Environmental issues, Office of the DG, WTO [Video interview]
- Debate in the second panel